Monday, February 16, 2009

Barakhamba Street

So my hotel in Delhi is on Barakhamba Street. Sounds strangely familiar.... ?

I was in the elevator heading up to my room after checking in and two gentleman from the hotel asked me where I was from. I'm always a bit hesitant to say the US, mostly because I've had some bad experiences in the past where people responded with their opinions about US foreign policy. Not that I didn't always agree with them, but for some reason I always felt so guilty, as if somehow I was personally responsible for the way the US government handled foreign policy.

But this time, when I said I was from the US, they both looked at me with bright eyes and said in unison, "Barak Obama!" I thought this was quite entertaining and we went on for a few minutes talking about the future of the United States.

I thought it was so interesting how these two guys from India really cared about who is the President of the United States, but I ashamedly have to admit that I don't even know who is the Prime Minister of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment